What Can Acidic Water Be Used For?
What are some uses for Acid Water created by a Water Ionizer?
While most people purchase water ionizer primarily to drink the H2 rich Alkaline water, the acidic water your Water Ionizer can produce has a number of amazing health and household benefits.
Acidic water is not for drinking and is for external use only. It's astringent properties have found widespread use. In fact, water ionizers were being used in Japanese hospitals for the value of their acidic ionized water, long before the benefits of alkaline water were discovered.
What is Ionized Acid Water?
Acid water can be characterized by the following:
1. having a pH range between 2.0ph and 5.0ph
2. having an ORP of +600 to +1200
3. having a hypochlorous acid component from 1-30 mg/l
4. being loaded with H+ (hydrogen ions), which acts as an oxidizer
ASTRINGENT EFFECTS (Ionizer Setting: Lowest Acidic Water)
1. Skin Breakouts – Helps minimize acne and skin discoloration, bumps, or rashes.
2. Washing the Face – Helps to make the skin smooth, and helps to improve the overall sheen and condition of your skin.
3. Hair Care – Rinse your hair with acidic water before and after shampooing to help minimize hair loss, dandruff, itchy scalp, and improve overall condition of hair.
4. Shaving – A great natural aftershave. Helps minimize rashes caused by shaving.
5. Bathing – Add 2 - 3 gallons to your bath to improve skin condition.
SKIN CONDITIONS (Ionizer Setting: Lowest Acidic Water)
1. Athlete’s Foot and Fungal infections – Use as a warm water soak 20-30 minutes daily to speed recovery.
2. Burns – May help alleviate pain associated with burns and speed recovery.
3. Chapped Hands – Speeds recovery.
4. Eczema – Keeps skin clean and minimizes itching, and accelerates recovery.
5. Insect Bites – Relieves itch and sting.
6. Minor Cuts, Scratches, Abrasions – Helps clean wounds and accelerate recovery.
7. Sunburn – Reduces redness and pain, and accelerates recovery.
ECO-FRIENDLY (Ionizer Setting: Lowest Acidic Water)
1. Water Plants – Use for acid-loving house plants and outside plants.
2. Fresh Cut Flowers – Dip the stems in acidic water to extend the time they stay fresh.
3. Clean Glass – Substitute for glass cleaner for glass, mirrors, metallic surfaces and utensils.
4. Bleach – Acidic water has a natural bleaching action.
5. Cleaning – Clean your house without chemicals. Remove dirt and grime, reduce odours, clean any surface.
7. Hand Sanitizer – Wash your hands and keep it in a spray bottle to keep hands clean.
DISINFECTING PROPERTIES (Ionizer Setting: Highest Acidic Water)
1. Food Preparation – Rinse fresh fruits and vegetables, meat and fish to help prevent contamination from e-coli and other types of bacteria.
2. Odours – Neutralizes strong odours, e.g. onion and garlic, on your hands. Use as an air freshener.
3. Dish Washing – Keep cutting boards, countertops, and sinks clean. Rinse dishcloths and sponges to slow bacteria growth and odours.
4. Dental Hygiene – Brush your teeth, massage your gums, use as a mouthwash, or gargle with acidic water.
5. Pet Care – After bathing, rinse your pets in acidic water for an overall healthier coat.